Job Title: Quality Control Support Technician – Sullivan-Palatek, Inc.
To ensure that incoming and in-stock components meet Sullivan-Palatek quality standards.
- Inspect parts as they are received, comparing the part with drawing(s) and specifications.
- Authorized to release parts to Production or reject parts.
- Rejected parts are communicated to Buyer, Quality Manager, and related Production Supervisor after Quality team member verifies the rejection.
- Complete a Defective Materials Report (DMR) on all parts in excess of $75.00. Attach copy of report to component(s) and provide the Buyer with original DMR report and copies of the report to the Quality Manager and Inventory Supervisor.
- Conduct First Article Inspection on new components and those from new suppliers. Inform Buyer, product related Production Supervisor, Director of Operations, Quality Manager and of Engineering Group of related product outcome, via email or verbally.
- Conduct onsite inspections of base(s), frames and other large complex components at suppliers’ location.
- Assist Production in determining which component may be contributing to an issue during the production process. Pull drawings and work collaboratively to establish root cause.
- Support Purchasing to respond to Suppliers’ need for clarity; provide responses as to questions asked by supplier as well as photographs and written communication.
- Maintain Inspected Parts Log which includes the description, quantity of the part, date the part was received, when/if inspected, and outcome detailing any issues, as well as the suppliers’ and purchasing information.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- This position requires a two year technical diploma and 5 years quality experience or high school diploma and 10 years quality experience. Must be open to learning and comprehend compressor operation theory and training. Knowledge of rotary air compressors, as well as technical, mechanical and electrical knowledge, and aptitude to understand how components and machines work together is preferred.
- Must have the ability to operate in a fully implemented ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) environment and efficient keyboarding skills, proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and the Internet including the ability to send and receive emails including attachments. Must be able to produce and manipulate photographs and screenshots.
- Basic math skills are required to measure, add, subtract, multiply, divide and apply percentages. Ability to accurately measure using a variety of measuring devices. This is not limited to only tape measures, but includes micrometers, and calipers measuring down to .0001 of an inch.
- Must be able to read and understand technical drawings, having orthographic and isometric views.
- Must be inquisitive and have careful attention to detail to inspect all aspects of component parts and to carefully examine to Sullivan-Palatek desired specifications.
- Must be able to write clearly and informatively to describe technically why parts do not meet Sullivan-Palatek specifications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; and visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines, using measurement devices. Must also have good spatial and color vision.
- Medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push and pull parts during inspection. Manual dexterity to grasp, manipulate and assemble objects.
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting, occasional lifting, grasping and crouching are all required. Must ascend and descend a 3-step ladder (i.e.- to inspect the inside of sump tanks).
- The employee is subject to environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from change in temperatures. Noise levels are typical of a manufacturing environment. (i.e.- impact drivers, grinders, forklifts and semi-trucks).
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and express their ideas in writing and/or verbally to converse with suppliers and Sullivan-Palatek employees.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain calm under stressful conditions of multiple simultaneous demands. Flexibility and able to switch project direction, and re-establish priorities without notice.
- Reliable performance and physical attendance is required. Ability to work overtime on short notice to finalize time sensitive inspection or assignments.
Quality Control Support Technician Benefits:
- Vision coverage
- 401K with some company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Job Type: Full-time
Employer: Sullivan-Palatek, Inc.Apply Now