Job Title: Project Manager 1 – City of La Porte
Department: Engineering Department
Compensation: Up to $48,745.00
The City of La Porte is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). For more information about the City of La Porte, visit our website at www.cityoflaporte.com.
To assist in the daily operation of the City’s Engineering Department.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Reads, interprets, and applies engineering drawings of water, sewer, drainage, and street construction maintenance; assists contractors and others with inspections, drawings, installations, repairs and alternative solutions in the field that will solve potential regulation violations.
- Assists in local coordination of utility construction.
- Prepares specifications and oversees the city’s repaving and sidewalk repair program.
- Organizes, prepares, and maintains accurate reports and records of inspection activities.
- Installs, positions, and maintains traffic counting devices.
- Assists in preparation of legal descriptions of land(s).
- Responsible for maintaining City GIS system.
- Responds to inquiries from citizens and others and takes appropriate action.
- Responsible for following up with contractors on inspection violations and issues.
- Provide continuous evaluation of construction progress to observe safety procedures and sound construction practices.
- Inspect methods and materials used by contractors to construct all types of public and private improvements, including major construction projects.
- Approving or rejecting work performed during progressive stages of construction; conducting final inspections.
- Prepares drafts of blue prints for construction projects initiated by the City.
- Creates, updates, and maintains a current map of the City boundaries based on passage of local ordinances. Upgrades and maintains AutoCAD City map.
- Serves as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator for the City.
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school. Or, six months to one year related experience, training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD computerized drafting or willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to prepare a properly executed blue print.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their letter of interest and resume, along with a City of La Porte Employment Application, online at www.cityoflaporte.com; by mail or in person at City Hall, Human Resources, 801 Michigan Avenue, La Porte Indiana 46350, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: City of La PorteApply Now