Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator – Visiting Nurse Association of NWI
VNA of NWI is seeking a Full-time Community Outreach Coordinator
COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
This position is responsible for coordinating the various VNA community outreach activities and services, including but not limited to Meals on Wheels and Lifeline emergency response services. The position reports directly to the Office Manager.
TYPICAL TASKS / DUTIES
• Organize and participate at community outreach activities to educate the broader community about the VNA, our activities and projects. Respond to public and community inquiries and brief Authority staff on matters of public interest and concern.
• Participate in construction status meetings.Oversee the maintenance of a community database of interested parties and issues.
• Perform miscellaneous projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge and experience in working with diverse communities in Northwest Indiana
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Strong writing and oral presentation skills
· Experience in facilitating public meetings and other public forums
· Exceptional organizational and planning skills
· Knowledge and command of Microsoft Office (including Power Point and Access)
· Available to attend evening and weekend community events and meetings
· Comfort and self-confidence to work independently with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates should have a minimum of three years in marketing, program/service administration community relations, public affairs or related field.
- Experience within a non-profit social service agency/organization is preferred.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree required, with a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job: The position is regularly required to extensively make use of close vision to read correspondence and prepare reports and other appropriate communications.
- S/he must also able to be transient and hold a valid driver’s license to attend community meetings and transport information and visit customers or production/delivery sites.
- Assist in the physical set-up and preparation for special events and activities.
- Many meetings and events require evening and weekend attendance.
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job: The position typically works indoors in an air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent and florescent light. Typical noise levels are muted by acoustic ceilings, carpets, and sound-deadening wall panels. On occasion, the position is called upon to work outside of the office at a public meeting or event or when dealing with clients Some of these occur indoors; while others occur outside.
Employer: Visiting Nurse Association of NWIApply Now