Job Title: Aquatics Coordinator – YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Aquatics Coordinator plays a key role in developing, organizing and implementing high quality YMCA program(s).
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance as well as develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
- May assist with Program Committee meetings.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Secures and schedules pool facilities.
- Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
- Creates and schedules for training classes, swim classes, water fitness classes, pool schedules, swim instructors and lifeguards.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, including but not limited to, organizing and scheduling program registrations and reviewing and processing program scholarship applications.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquires and complaints in a timely manner.
- Helps to promote the YMCA programming through social media marketing.
- Builds relationships with members, program members and building participants.
- Completes assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
- Attends community events, health fairs, and meetings to represent the YMCA as needed.
- Ensures program advertising begins and is distributed in a timely manner.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Keeps track of all pool inventory; jackets, noodles, kickboards, etc.
- Conducts monthly in-service for lifeguards per insurance company.
- Prepares and submits requested reports for monthly board packet. Including, but not limited to, impact stories and director reports.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Aquatics: 1 year (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Employer: La Porte County Family YMCAApply Now